Dan and I have this one last free weekend before several (5!) crazy weekends in a row, so we’ve planned nothing and hope to be spontaneous with our time tomorrow and Sunday. Enjoy these reads with your coffee, and I hope your weekend is everything you need it to be.
- My new obsession with plants surprised me, but I love my new hobby.
On the Internets
- Wes Anderson’s next animated movie, Isle of Dogs, comes out on 4/20/18 and features a knock-out cast, as always.
- Who remembers the viral video “Shoes“? Well, it’s 10 years old now, betch. I know I was obsessed.
- Instagram geotagging has some unintended consequences for natural spaces, even though it brings new people to the outdoors.
- She’s currently running for a delegate seat in Virginia, but first Chelsea Savage had to pull herself out of a cult and climb her way to the top.
- Paramore is back with a new album, After Laughter, out May 12 and featuring the new single Hard Times.
- Trailers galore! So many great looking movies (and shows) coming our way soon:
- Anne, based on the book Anne of Green Gables, arrives on Netflix May 12, starring Amybeth McNulty as Anne.
- The Ottoman Lieutenant is a love story between an American nurse and Turkish soldier on the brink of WWI and the Armenian Genocide. Starring Michiel Huisman, Hera Hilmar, Josh Hartnett, and Ben Kingsley.
- 3 Generations tells the story of three generations of women living together in New York. Starring Susan Sarandon, Naomi Watts, Elle Fanning, and Linda Emond.
- Colossal comically shows how one girl’s personal chaos can literally become a destructive monster. Starring Anne Hathaway, Dan Stevens, andJason Sudeikis.
- Two Pieces of Advice on Coping with Infertility by Catherine of A Short Blonde
- Easy Strawberry Ice Cream by Mel of Melodramatic Adventures
- On Dealing with Grief by Melissa of So About What I Said
- Travel Guide: New Orleans Edition by Camryn of Coral & Charm
- A Night at Spitbank Fort by Emily of Emily Luxton Travels
- How to Wear Overall Shorts 7 Ways by Kallie of But First, Coffee