It has been a really crazy couple of weeks. I’m finally starting to feel like myself again after my surprise surgery, and I especially want to thank all of you who reached out to me since. You have no idea how much your kind words have meant to me.
I’ve been on the couch watching a lot of TV this past week, for obvious reasons. I finished Big Little Lies; I think they did such a good job with it! Dan and I watched Doctor Strange, Moana, and Arrival; respectively, loved, really loved, and didn’t get the hype. I watched the entire season of Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why and it broke my heart…I wish I had read the book, now. I’m currently watching Big Stone Gap, based on the book of the same name and filmed in Big Stone Gap, Virginia. It’s true to the region, has a silly (and true) Elizabeth Taylor side story, and reminds me a bit of the movie Sweet Home Alabama.
One of these days I’ll get around to recapping the week Diana was here, but until then you can go back and catch any other recent posts you might have missed over the last two weeks:
- In quite a throwback, I recapped the time Di and I went to Kansas and Florida.
- Mini reviews of the books I read in March.
- 30 Hours of Joy and Heartbreak
On the Internets
- Vice interviews Jack White about his new vinyl record plant in Detroit, Third Man Pressing.
- Pradyumna Kumar “PK” Mahanandia rode his bicycle from India to Sweden to reconnect with the woman he loved. Per J. Andersson has written a book about his journey, and I think I’m going to have to check it out.
- People Try The Venezuelan Diet
- Sinbad’s April Fool’s joke brings the fabled Shazaam to life.
- How to tell a good story.
- All You Need to Know About Air Plants by Elizabeth of Oak & Oats
- The Dirt of Our Hurt by Leney of A Girl Named Leney
- Some Things Are Neither ‘Good’ Nor ‘Bad’. They’re Just Different… by Yaya of Hand Luggage Only
- 5 Things I Want to Stop Doing This Year by Chelsea of The Girl Who Loved to Write
- My D&C and Ectopic Pregnancy Experience by Steph of Steph the Bookworm