Today is Daniel’s birthday! I have never met anyone less enthusiastic about their birthday than this guy, so I’ll just have to be excited for him. We’re also celebrating Independence Day on Saturday with a cookout with friends in Roanoke. Then we have a family gathering planned to celebrate Daniel on Sunday. I’m so excited for everything that I could get up and dance around. (I just might.)
Totally random sidenote, but is anyone else using Feedly as their primary blog following mechanism and notifier of new posts? I made the switch to Feedly after using Bloglovin’ for the last couple of years and I haven’t looked back once. I just wanted to recommend it while I was thinking about it, because Bloglovin’ was starting to be such a mess, with sponsored posts like this and way too many attempts to be social. (Thanks to Jaina for the rec!)
Alright, on to the links…
- We spent part of last weekend at Virginia Beach.
- On Wednesday I shared photos of and some of the history behind the Cape Henry Lighthouse.
On the Internets
- Nature therapy is a privilege.
- The Hamilton Mixtape: Immigrants (We Get The Job Done)
- I loved this interview with Lorde and think I need to check out more of her music.
- InspiroBot makes the most ridiculous inspirational posters you didn’t know you needed.
- Millenials are killing things left and right these days, so why not add J Crew to the list?
- Jimmy Carter called the US “an oligarchy with unlimited political bribery.”
- Why are totally normal books about women considered “beach reads“?
- The Greatest Showman (trailer) is the story of P.T. Barnum, starring Hugh Jackman as Barnum alongside Michelle Williams, Zendaya, and Zach Efron.
- A Wellness Challenge Every Millennial Needs by Alexandria Drake
- 4 Questions to Ask Yourself to Leverage Your Strengths by Samantha of Elah Tree
- Cambodia Travel Guide and Photo Diary by Daisy of Simplicity Relished
- The Here and Now by Steph of Steph the Bookworm
- Poverty, Privilege, and the Dead American Dream by Joshua of This Appalachian Life