It has been such a fun week! My cousins Sarah and Amy visited last weekend and we spent time by the river, went out for great food, and spent a full day school shopping. (I can’t get over that they start school this coming week!) Monday was our anniversary and Daniel and I not only had our pre-planned night out Wednesday night, but ended up going out for dinner that Monday night too. (Give me all the good Richmond food!) Now Dan’s parents are visiting us for a couple of days, which is their first trip to visit us in Richmond. Again, foooood. Basically, you come to Richmond, you eat. See you next week when I’m 15 pounds heavier.
- Daniel and I celebrated seven years of marriage on Monday.
- I shared lots of embarrassing photos found while cleaning my childhood bedroom on Wednesday.
On the Internets
- 200+ posters from the golden age of graphic design are now available for free download (plus a little fun graphic design and printing history).
- Various researchers are discovering that their AI are forming their own languages to communicate.
- Unfortunately, the first female president of the US might not be a feminist.
- What happened when journalist Lindy West confronted her cruelest troll.
- The Mountain Valley Pipeline is currently making their way through Roanoke County properties for surveying, but how many pipelines do we really need in this age of growing green energy?
- In a society that doesn’t value baby girls, 17,000 Indian doctors are delivering baby girls for free.
- It’s likely not “all in your head,” but that mindset from doctors threatens women’s health.
- Black Sand Euphoria in Tjørnuvik, Faroe Islands by Megan Starr
- Tiny Provencal Towns + Fields of Lavender: Exploring Sault by Casey of Land of Marvels
- Summer Reading List by Marla of Flight Chic
- Easy Nutella & Raspberry Ice Cream by Shelley of Baking Fashion