TGIF! I want nothing more than to crash on the couch and watch Boy Meets World and Family Matters, but it’s not 1995 and Step-by-Step is nowhere to be found and we actually have to drive three hours to Roanoke after I get out of work tonight. Wahhh!
On the flip side of that: we’re going to Roanoke for the weekend to see everyone (there) we love! Chelsea is also in Roanoke and I’m so excited to spend lots of time with her and to hug on Audrey kitty as much as possible. We’re having a big night out with all of our closest friends tomorrow and I’ve been so excited and impatient to go for days now! #GoodTimesCrew!
I’m just really tired of constantly moving from place to place. I’m still not over my jetlag, or my reluctance to actually go in to work and sit at a desk for hours. Totally over it.
There are obviously some really terrible things going on in the world this week that I just can’t even go into. Will there be a brief moment of peace anytime soon? My heart hurts for the world and it takes conscious effort to not spiral into anger and negativity over it all these days.
So let’s go on to the links, which I hope is some good reading for your weekend!
- I basically shared nothing from my trip on Monday. ha!
- Broods released their new album “Conscious” and it is incredible! I can’t get enough! (Watch the new video for “Free.”)
- Emily of Ember Grey says “yes” to the new.
- Shane of Sea Salt Secrets is tired of excuses and has redefined F-E-A-R.
- Emily of Em Writes suggests that there’s no such thing as a “creative rut.”
- Jocelyn of The Reading Residence visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour and I want to gooo!
- Lyndsay of Fizzy Peaches visited Krakow, Poland for a bachelorette weekend and it is gooorgeous!
On the Internets
Basically all babies and vaginas:
- “Why are America’s Postpartum Practices So Rough on New Mothers?“
- I hope one day, after I’ve had a baby, I’ll find myself a “Cooch Coach.”
- Are you familiar with the Indian practice of Chhaupadi? Hint: not cool. These girls are telling their story and hopefully breaking barriers through photography.
- Any curly-haired girls out there? You need to join this Facebook group. It has changed my hair’s life!
- I loved this interview withNatalie Dormer on her Game of Thrones character Margaery Tyrell.
- Starbucks’ newest “secret menu” item: “Brown Drink.” Yasss! (Thanks Chelsea for this link and such a laugh!)