This week has felt really fulfilling. We spent a spontaneous night at my parents’ house over last weekend and it was so nice to spend a stress-free day at home. That feeling followed me into the week, making work fly by faster than it usually feels. Don’t you love when that happens?
Dan and I instated a weekly “Wednesday night date night” where we’ll pick a new restaurant here in Richmond to visit every week. Richmond is quite the foodie city, so I feel like we’ll never run out of new places to try. I’ve already filled two pages in my bullet journal with places I want to go. This week’s dinner was at The Black Sheep where we managed to share half of the biggest barbecue sandwich I’ve ever seen in my life.
- We visited a castle while we were in Holland and I shared a few photos of it on Monday.
- Wednesday’s post was a review of the CabinZero backpacks we bought for our trip and a packing list of everything I fit inside.
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey This was the third and final book of the 5th Wave trilogy. While the movie wasn’t all that great (and I doubt they’ll ever do another,) I love the way Yancey tells his stories. It took me way too long to sit down and read this one, but now I’m sad it’s over.
- Jordan of Beer Time with Wagner shared photos of her trip to Stari Grad, Crotia, and it may be one of the most picturesque places on earth!
- Mel of Melodramatic Adventures shared a mouthwatering recipe for smoked paprika black bean burgers…yum!
- Daisy of Simplicity Relished shared a guide to Mexico City that has me dreaming of visiting.
- Emily of Ember Grey says to say “no” to the “somedays.”
On the Internets
- Welp…this was the scariest article I read all week.
- Fan entitlement may be standing in the way of true creativity in Hollywood.
- This is a great short video on rock climber Alex Honnold’s life living in a van (so he can climb anywhere and often).
- These portraits of Ukranian women wearing traditional floral crowns are gorgeous!