Being that we’re moving into our new house in just 8 days, I haven’t had time enough this week to really come to this space as much as I wanted.
I promise Philly stories next week I promise nothing. There is too much to pack after work every night and we’re out of town tonight through Monday.
We’ll spend our weekend in Roanoke with family and friends. Two of our favorite friends surprised us by getting married the morning we all went to Raleigh! Surprise! They didn’t even tell us until several weeks later; I guess they wanted to revel in it all quietly for a while first. We’re celebrating their marriage on Sunday and also seeing some friends we haven’t seen since before we moved to California. So excited!
I hope your Labor Day Weekend holds lots of love, laughs, and memories!
- Here’s my July and August “Monthly Reads” post. Go grab yourself a great book!
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch’s new series The Extremes of Virginia is no new news to me, but I know some people in the cities or NoVa who couldn’t imagine growing up like this.
- Everyone is talking about the Millennial Whoop.
- I can’t wait to watch the new fall TV show This is Us.
- As the National Park Service celebrates 100 years, check out this essential guide to 59 of them.
- Moulin Rouge is making its way to the big stage and nobody on earth can possibly be as excited as I am! It’s one of my favorite movies.
- Dear America, You Are Already a Great Nation by Shraddha of Street Trotter
- “At the End of the Universe” at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts by Sara from Of Golden Roses
- Packing Up by Victoria of Through For By
- Yosemite + Thoughts on Growing Up by MacKensie of One to Nothin’
- Society Has a Bad Case of Reproductive Curiosity by Kristen of The Natural Verve (guest post on Belle Brita)
- The Novel That Wasn’t A Novel; or, A Memoir About Paranoid Schizophrenia, Friendship, and Goodbyes by Jeff Pillow