Happy Friday everyone! We’re off to spend Mother’s Day weekend with ma mother. Enjoy your weekend and enjoy these reads. (I have two weeks worth of links to share, so prepare for overload.)
- April Reads: Mini book reviews of what I read last month
- Hello May: A Life Update (everything we’re up to this month)
- Are We Getting Too Old for This?
On the Internets
- Arresting a Reporter for Asking Questions Is an Unacceptable Assault on the First Amendment
- Related: A Code Pink Protester Laughs Over a Trump Nominee and Is Convicted Note: these things are not normal, guys.
- During World War I, hundreds of young women went to work in clock factories, painting watch dials with luminous (and highly poisonous) radium paint. This is their story.
- The Guggenheim Foundation has released over 200 art books you can download for free. Awesome!
- Related: Visiting the Guggenheim Museum
- I hadn’t heard of the Fyre Festival until it all came crashing down, but it sure has been something to watch unfold. (#dumpsterfyre) Most interestingly to other bloggers reading this, the celebrities and personalities who promoted the festival online didn’t disclose they were paid or given gifts to promote it, violating FTC law.
- As the permafrost melts due to climate change, ancient diseases are waking up.
- Some common-sense recommendations by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists on American birth and labor practices.
- The little known (and little in size) pyramids of ancient Nubia.
- Ravishing, Romantic Rovinj: The Jewel of the Adriatic by Kelly of The Wandering Blonde
- But is it #Goals Enough? by Silvia of Heart My Backpack
- Kirkjubøur: A Taste Of Faroese History On Streymoy by Megan of Megan Starr
- Goodbyes by Nirrimi of Fire & Joy
- Book Rec: ‘Norse Mythology’ by Neil Gaiman by Lisa of The Most Happy
- How the Middle East Changed My Life by Casey of Land of Marvels
- Interview with Laura Carney: On the Journey to Finish a Father’s Bucket List by Melissa of So About What I Said
- Where To Stay (And What To Do) In Aguas Caliente – The Entry Point To Machu Picchu, Peru by Yaya of Hand Luggage Only