It has been a crazy couple of weeks over here. My days are all screwed up; weekdays feel like weekends and vise versa. Dan spent several days in New York City last week with his boss on business (so jealous!) and Rory and I spent that time at my parents’, which I’m glad I’m able to do so often when I have the time. We’re heading back there this weekend for more family time and my childhood church’s homecoming service.
It’s starting to feel like fall in Richmond and I’m already looking forward to all of our favorite fall things: Labor Day weekend with friends; Olde Salem Days; crisp Saturday mornings at the farmer’s market; my birthday; the GTC cabin party. Just one more week until September!
- Last week was Rory’s 1st birthday! I made her a tiny hat and she let me put it on her.
- I wrote a mini guide to Carytown, one of my favorite Richmond neighborhoods.
On the Internets
- What really happens during an eclipse. (ha!)
- Related: You can send your eclipse glasses to Astronomers Without Borders who will send them to schools in Asia and South America for their 2019 eclipse.
- Going to concerts regularly apparently leads to a happier life. Can confirm.
- Keep an eye on the lawsuit against John Oliver by coal magnate Robert Murray.
- What New York City subway stations actually look like.
- Humans of New York is releasing a video series of interviews from the past four years and I can’t wait. Tears guaranteed.
- #Charlottesville by Jeffrey Pillow
- A Civil War Reading List by Joshua of This Appalachia Life
- Do the Work by Summer of Coffee with Summer
- Oaxaca: City of Delights by Daisy of Simplicity Relished
- Six Places in the US that Look Like Europe by Casey of Land of Marvels
- Instagram: The 7 Things I Hate About You by Nikki of The Ginger Diaries
- Discovering The Mystic Cosmatesque Mosaic Style in the Churches of Rome by Katie of The Hostel Girl